Popular Chicago Dishes & Cocktail RecipesAt Pizzeria Ora, food is all about family, coming together and sharing something special with the ones you love. This philosophy inspires everything we do, from our friendly service, to the fresh, made-from-scratch dishes on your table. That's why we offer some of our most treasured recipes right here - so you can taste the memories you made with us at home. Italian-inspired cocktails, homemade pasta dishes, and Chicago deep-dish pizza recipes are among the offerings you might find. Bon appétit!
Our Signature Deep-Dish Pizza Crust
- 2¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1½ teaspoons white sugar
- 1⅛ cups warm water - 110 to 115 degrees F (43 to 45 degrees C)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup corn oil
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water in a bowl. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes until the yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam.
- Combine yeast mixture, flour, corn oil, and kosher salt in a large stand mixer with a hook attachment; knead until dough holds together but is still slightly sticky, about 2 minutes.
- Form dough into a ball and transfer to a buttered bowl, turning to coat. Cover bowl with a towel and allow dough to rise at room temperature until double in size, 6 hours.
- Punch down dough and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Press dough into a 10-inch deep dish pizza pan.